Click here to Register Now!!
Guided coursework using online training modules designed to increase knowledge and skills related to deafblindess. Training includes:
- Videos, slideshows, short readings, case studies, interactive group discussions, and more
- Hearing from experts, teachers, interveners, individuals with deafblindness, and families
- Coaching from Deafblind Project staff, certificates of attendance, and a certificate of completion for each year
- Arizona Paraprofessionals serving as interveners for students with combined vision and hearing loss
- Any team members in Arizona including teachers, related service providers, parents and family members – anyone touched by deafblindness
Training can span from a one-year to three-year cycle, depending on participant interest and District/Agency support. Only 1-2 hours per week are needed to complete the modules.
The following syllabus
outlines the training requirements for first-year participants..
$100 per participant for the school year.
Your District and/or program may be able to cover the cost of this training. Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind (ASDB) will invoice districts or individuals.
- Training will open on September 1st at a pace of one module per month
- There will be one “face-to-face” virtual meetup per semester