Click here to Register Now!!
Guided coursework using 9 online training modules designed to increase knowledge and skills related to deafblindess. Training includes:
- Videos, slideshows, short readings, case studies, interactive group discussions, and more
- Hearing from experts, teachers, interveners, individuals with deafblindness, and families
- Coaching from Deafblind Project staff, certificates of attendance, and a certificate of completion for each year
- Arizona Paraprofessionals serving as interveners for students with combined vision and hearing loss
- Any team members in Arizona including teachers, related service providers, parents and family members – anyone touched by deafblindness
- Online at the National Center on Deaf-Blindness website: https://nationaldb.org
Training can span from a one-year to three-year cycle, depending on participant interest and District/Agency support. Only 1-3 hours per week are needed to complete the modules. We’ll cover nine modules each school year for the first two years, and 7 modules in the final year.
$135 per participant for the school year. Your District and/or program may be able to cover the cost of this training. Arizona State Schools for the Deaf and Blind (ASDB) will invoice districts or individuals.
- There will be a mandatory in-person orientation meeting over Zoom in September (Date/Time TBD)
- Modules will open after the meeting at the rate of one per month
- There will be two additional Zoom meetings per semester for the entire cohort of participants